Thursday, June 30, 2022 by William Suit | Uncategorized
The new school year is just a few weeks away. With its approach, Pedal Point Music is releasing the details of the updated calendars, policies and procedures for the instructors on July 1st. Watch your email for the announcement. In the meantime, take a few minutes to watch the video above that explains the updates.
With the new year comes a new way of keeping track of your lessons through the parent/student portal. This easy tool has a wealth of resource. It will also serve to assist you with canceling and rescheduling lessons.
You can cancel and reschedule an upcoming lesson online without having to contact your instructor.
(Jackson and Will are currently using this feature.)
It’s easy! Just follow these steps:
1. Log into your account at https://www.pedalpointmusic.com/Parent-Student-Login . You will see the home page. This is a quick view of upcoming lessons, lesson notes, account balances, etc.
2. Click on the lesson you wish to cancel.
3. Click on the word “cancel.” A confirmation popup will appear. You can leave a note here if you wish.
4. Click "yes" to cancel your lesson.
5. If it is more than 24 hours before your lesson, you will be issued a makeup credit.
6. You may now click on the calendar tab and find an available timeslot for the makeup. Makeup lessons are not guaranteed and must be scheduled within 2 weeks of the cancellation, or they are forfeited. Remember that cancellations made less than 24 hours before the lesson are not eligible for a makeup lesson.
Pedal Point Music believes parents and students will find that using this feature will make the process of cancellation/rescheduling a bit easier and give them more time to deal with other things. This is just another way we are making it easier for your to enjoy music lessons with us at Pedal Point Music.
We look forward to a GREAT year!
Sunday, June 19, 2022 by William Suit | Uncategorized
Summer officially arrives on Tuesday, June 21 this year. Already it's made an early entrance. It's so very hot. I hope you're staying cool.
For the summer we are having some cool fun at the school. Of course I'm feverishly preparing for an exciting new year to start in August, but there are still summer lessons to be taught. Jackson, Eriko and I are making sure we have some fun as well. There are three opportunities to win prizes this summer. The first finished up last week as we guessed how many rubber ducks were in the cookie jar. The number was 34. 3 people guess the number precisely. So 3 people will get a bag of rubber duckies to take home. How much fun will pool time and bath time be for them? ☺
On Monday, June 20th, summer students will once again have the opportunity to guess, but this time it be a cookie jar full of ??????? Hmmmmm You'll have to wait and see.
We're having a great summer at Pedal Point Music! It's a great time to start or polish up your music skills!
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 by William Suit | Uncategorized
As we head into the summer months I wanted to remind everyone where we are on protocols at the school. The atmosphere in most settings is very relaxed right now. At the writing of this blog the threat level set by the CDC is at LOW:
At Pedal Point Music we work in very close proximity to our clients. So, we continue to have some protocols in place to protect you and us. Here they are:
1. Wearing a mask is optional if a student/client has not had exposure or diagnosis of COVID 19. The exception to this is in Miss Eriko's studio for now. Her students are asked to wear a mask inside her studio.
2. If a student or anyone in their household has been diagnosed with COVID19 and it is within the 5 day quarantine period, for now the lessons will be offered online during that time. We will eventually be at a very clear point in how to "behave" with this virus in my opinion, but for now, please work with us and refrain from coming to the school if there is exposure at home.
3. It is suggested that any student or client who has not been vaccinated should wear a mask during your lesson. Your instructor will put a mask on if you arrive with a mask.
I want everyone to feel comfortable and safe while you are on the premises and I so appreciate how cooperative you've been with us. I know you face a LOT of rules and procedures elsewhere. Hopefully we will soon be past this awkward adjustment. In the meantime, thank you for the kind consideration you continue to show to me, the instructors and others who frequent our school. I'm so honored to have you as a client!